[cvsnt] Contribution to Installation Instructions for ViewCVS on Windows

craig_scratchley at shaw.ca craig_scratchley at shaw.ca
Thu Mar 20 02:02:40 GMT 2003

Hello.  I'd like to suggest a change to the installation instructions found at:

http://www.devguy.com/fp/cfgmgmt/cvs/viewCVSIIS.htm

I saw your name there, so perhaps you can forward this if you cannot make the change
yourself.

Instead of:

Extract the RCS distribution (you can get the latest RCS at the GNU site) into a directory in your PATH

I suggest:

Extract the RCS distribution (you can get the latest RCS at the GNU site) into a directory in your PATH which does not contain any spaces.  That is, "c:\Program Files\rcs\" is bad whereas "c:\Executables\rcs\" should be okay.

I don't yet know what to say about diff, but the same comments may apply.

Thanks,
     Craig Scratchley