[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT installation tips will be taken off the Internet

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Mar 20 11:00:18 GMT 2003

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 08:08:36 +0100, Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at telia.com> wrote:

>>I don't accept accusations like yours and therefore tonight I will
>take the guide off the air. Then you will have to make do with
>whatever other information you may find relevant.
>Please realize that you pay zero money for the excellent product that
>compares to commercial products that cost many thousands of dollars in
>even a small company setup. This is an open source project.

Don't take the site off just because of one post.  I generally ignore such
posts (although this is only the second time I can remember it happenening
with cvsnt).   It's a fact of life that there's a certain kind of person who
will give up at the first hint of a problem, rather than ask questions and fix
it/report bugs/etc.

There used to be a lot of it on the Linux newsgroups... people who installed
it once, something broke then wrote off the whole OS rather than report the
bug and get it fixed.  There's less of that nowadays - I think they got bored
because nobody took the bait.

99% of the criticism on here is the kind I encourage - constructive, from
people who've genuinely tried to get things working but couldn't.  I'm sure
they genuinely appreciate the effort you've gone to with the documentation, as
I do.