[cvsnt] Re: ls with the linux version

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Thu Mar 20 14:16:36 GMT 2003

> -> main loop with CVSROOT=:pserver:dumarjo at 172.17.110.109:/repository
>
> Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 1.11.1.3 (Build 77)
> (client/server)
>
> Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.11.5 (client/server)       ///
> thing this is bad.....

I take it the IP-address shown in the trace is the correct one? In that case
I can only guess that there are actually two CVS servers running on that
server, the non-CVSNT-one overriding the CVSNT one.
I have however absolutely no clue about configuring CVS(NT) on Linux myself,
but if the server address is indeed correct this would be the only
explanation I could think of. IIRC most Linuxes come with CVS preinstalled.
Maybe you have to remove/disable that one first?

Hope this helps.

Oliver
JID: ogiesen at jabber.org
ICQ: 18777742