[cvsnt] cvs export problem

Bhanu Prakash Reddy breddy at cordys.com
Wed Mar 26 05:27:48 GMT 2003

Hi,

I've the following folder/file structure in the repository.

folder1
    file1.txt
    folder2
        file2.txt
        folder3

Please note that "folder3" doesn't contain any files.

I'm using the following command to export the module "folder1". This command
works recursively by default.
cvs export -f -r HEAD folder1
The command works fine, but the resulted directory structure does not
contain "folder3" as it does not contain any file. This is really
problematic because the exported repository does not return empty folders.

I'll get the structure correctly if I use the command "cvs checkout
folder1". But it gives cvs related files/folders which I do not want. Thats
the reason I'm going for cvs export.

Am I missing something obvious in the command. Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
Bhanu.

privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message
disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action or
omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this message in
error.