[cvsnt] cvs export problem

Oliver Koltermann okoltermann at gmx.de
Wed Mar 26 07:24:58 GMT 2003

Hello Bhanu,

Bhanu Prakash Reddy <breddy at cordys.com> writes:

> The command works fine, but the resulted directory structure does not
> contain "folder3" as it does not contain any file. This is really
> problematic because the exported repository does not return empty folders.

this is caused by the "Prune empty directories"-feature. cvs update
has an option to switch this on (-P) while cvs export defaults to this
behaviour. In many circumstances this is the wanted behaviour anyway,
because cvs has no information about the existence (or deletions) of
directorys.

To work around this problem put a dummy file in folders you want to
always appear on update or export. I use ".emptydir" files for this
purpose.

bye,
  OK.