[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT Eclipse: Sharing a project that does not exist in Repository

Emile Coetzee emile at nospamexinet.co.za
Wed Mar 26 11:51:08 GMT 2003

> To be fair to them we did get someone from IBM on here looking at
Eclipse/WSAD
> support, but I haven't heard anything in a while.

Possibly you could rustle them up again ;)

> I've just found what the 'share project' was doing - it relies on some odd
> (IMHO buggy) behaviour by the Unix CVS server which CVSNT didn't emulate.
> Since it only affects eclipse I reinstated the bug (!) and it seems OK.

Would that explain why it worked up until build 66?

> Since I know almost zero Java supporting Eclipse from this side is
difficult..
> it's not an environment that gets used here by the java team either (we
use
> JBuilder I think).

Eclipse looks promising (heavy on the resources though). So it would be nice
if CVSNT and Eclipse could get along better.

Should we get a poll going to rally up some better support from Eclipse?

Cheers
Emile