[cvsnt] Re: wanted: cvs responses in xml

Bernhard Weichel bernhard.weichel at online.de
Wed Mar 26 20:21:22 GMT 2003

Tony Hoyle wrote:
> Bernhard Weichel wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to get the respnse of CVS in XML such that it would be
>> easier to process this with subsequent programs. Could this be built
>> in to CVSNT?
>
> You could probably throw something together in Perl that did it...  I
> don't really see the point, though, since if you've got to interpret
> the output to produce XML you might as well have processed it with
> your program anyway.

The point is, that I wanted to avoid parsing of the output. Therefore,
I asked if CVSNT could deliver its output in a preparsed way (which would
be XML).

I want to integrate CVS in to an XML based processor. Is there a formal
grammar (or at least a reliable documentation) available for the output
CVSNT creates. If yes, then it would be much easier to interpret it

Bernhard