[cvsnt] RFC (Request for crashes!)

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Mar 27 14:50:13 GMT 2003

rc3 should be (almost) impossible to crash now.  I'd appreciate it if everyone
would beat the hell out of it and try to make it crash over the next few days.

If you do find a bug please note the following (to make my life easier):

1. Make sure you *are* using rc3 on the server...  the client probably doesn't
matter too much but verifying with an rc3 client would be helpful.
2. Send the crashdump!  It's almost impossible to diagnose most problems
without this.  If your email won't let you send it (it zips to between 8-12MB)
then put it on a publically accessable FTP site.
3. If you can make a small batch file/script that reproduces the problem
reliably then that's really helpful - although I appreciate many people will
not be able to do this.
4. Include as much information as possible - clients used, OS, any Antivirus
or other non-standard software that might interfere, etc.

Non-crashing problems should be posted on here first, so that others can
verify them and make sure it's not a simple configuration problem, etc.