[cvsnt] Re: Mirrored repository for offline working? Two-staged commit?

Arvind Raman arvind_raman at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 28 07:45:30 GMT 2003

I have been doing sth of this sort, though it involves

some amount of manual work in between.

What I do is the following.
1. Copy the module that u wish to work with to a
different directory.
2. Set up a local database on your computer.
3. Work with the local database until u get back to
the server.
4. You could now copy the files back to the directory
associated with the database on the server, and then
commit the changes back in.

This thing works fine for me. I sometimes have a lots
of different experimental changes to do, and would
like to store them temporarily. It however, requires
discipline as it is prone to error, if one is
careless.

Arvind