[cvsnt] On the difference between CVSNT for Unix and CVSNT for Windows.

Ori Berger cvsnt-newsgroups at orib.net
Mon Mar 31 05:30:45 BST 2003

Hello all.

I'm currently running CVSNT on a Win2K workstation (old version, 57
or 62, I can't check at this moment). It works very well, but I
would rather consolidate it with the rest of the services on my
network, which are served off a Linux machine. (It's just that I've
got all the infrastructure for management, backup, etc. working very
well on the Linux box, and it would require much work to get the
Win2K box to the same level).

I've had a quick look at the sources, and a quick search through the
mailing list, and still miss some information - please forgive me if
it is available and I just missed it.

My PDC is Samba running on Red Hat 7.3; Unix and Windows passwords
are synchronized between passwd and smbpasswd

How stable is CVSNT for Unix? What functionality is different from
CVSNT on NT, and what's different from plain old CVS on Unix? (from
the sources, I see :sspi: is not implemented for Unix, but there
seems to be history of using parts of samba to provide NT domain
authentication?)

Is there a (simple) way to make CVSNT on linux authenticate against
an NT domain (without, e.g. installing winbind, that is)?

Is anyone out there actually using CVSNT on unix in a production
environment?

Thanks in advance,
Ori.