[cvsnt] Can't get loginfo to automatic execute commands

Eduardo Mylonas emylonas at automat.com.br
Mon Mar 31 15:33:49 BST 2003

I have cvsmailer running perfectly. That means, i am a little familiarized
with the loginfo file.

Bu i have a few questions about loginfo:
1 - Can i execute any commands from it?
2 - Because i'm under cvsnt, the command to be executed is "cvs" or
"cvs95"?
3 - can i make it update files on a remote machine to which it has
permission to read/write?

Another thing, in order to try a few commands on loginfo, i placed the
following line to the end of the file:
"[Pp][Rr][Oo][Jj][Ee][Tt][Oo] (date; cat;(sleep 2;cd e:/Publico/cesar;
cvs95 -q update -d) &) then cd e:/Publico/cesar & cvs95 co Projeto "
Explaining what i was trying to do, i have a module called "Projeto". For
the cvsmailer, Bo told me to spell the name of the module the way i did to
avoid case problems(it works for cvsmailer). So, i expect that date and cat
do something somewhere, i just copied that line from the documentation.
After that, i expect a little timeout of 2 seconds for all the locks
problems. After that, i intend to go into e:/Publico/cesar directory, which
is in the same machine of the repository. The update is to be made on that
directory, but yet i don't have this directory created, which i expect to
happen after "cd e:/Publico/cesar & cvs95 co Projeto".

I have already tried both cvs and cvs95 commands. Neither of them has
worked.

I tried that to get familiar to all the commands i can run from that file
and the format of the line i have to place. Once that is done, i will try
to do the automatic update itself. Another thing after that is to try the
update on a remote machine.

I hope i could make myself clear. And i hope someone could help. For Bo and
Oliver it would be the 3452345th time they would be helping me. I am
greatful for all of them.

thank you people

Eduardo Mylonas
Automat Eng. de Automacao - Desenvolvimento
mailto: emylonas at automat.com.br
fone: (41) 3029-2904
ramal: 207