[cvsnt] To be modified or not to be modified

Andreas Tscharner andreas.tscharner at metromec.ch
Tue May 6 07:23:27 BST 2003

Hello World,

In my workind directory 1 I have a file:

cvs log dmeLIB_IMPL.pas

RCS file: D:/CVSRepository/Cm3/lib/CMDLL/dmeLIB_IMPL.pas,v
Working file: dmeLIB_IMPL.pas
head: 1.1
branch:
locks: strict
access list:
symbolic names:
         DME-server_V1_0: 1.1.0.2
keyword substitution: kv
total revisions: 1;     selected revisions: 1

echo %CVSROOT%
:pserver:ATs at sw-ats:D:/CVSRepository

I have the same file in my second working directory:

cvs log dmeLIB_IMPL.pas

RCS file: D:/CVSRepository/Cm3/lib/CMDLL/dmeLIB_IMPL.pas,v
Working file: dmeLIB_IMPL.pas
head: 1.1
branch:
locks: strict
access list:
symbolic names:
         DME-server_V1_0: 1.1.0.2
keyword substitution: kv
total revisions: 1;     selected revisions: 1

echo %CVSROOT%
:pserver:ATs at sw-ats:D:/CVSRepository

If I make a file compare between these two files, I have the following
difference:

const
   noRetQueueC = 0;

(These two lines are missing in the first directory)
My problem is:
(first directory) cvs update -d -P
cvs server: Updating .

(prompt)

(second directory) cvs update -d -P
cvs server: Updating .

(prompt)

In other words: CVS has not noticed that these two files are different.

Is there something I am missing or doing wrong here, or is it a bug in CVS?

Thanks in advance and best regards
	Andreas
Andreas Tscharner                          andreas.tscharner at metromec.ch