[cvsnt] Re: SSL Support

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed May 7 08:47:57 BST 2003

Nate wrote:

> How official is the support for SSL in CVSNT? I'm using the latest version
> (2.0.3) and every attempt to establish a connection with the CVSNT server
> causes a program error and shuts it down. I've tried the CVSNT client, a
> special WinCVS 1.2 version with SSL support, and SSLTunnel to connect to
> the server, in all cases I get that error issue. I really prefer SSL over
> SSH (since I don't want to setup an SSH server / client environment) and
> sspi protocol is out of the question (for my purpose). Has anyone else had
> luck with this? If so, what client do you use?

sserver works OK - I regularly use it to talk to the cvsnt repository.
You'll need to use the CVSNT client (although there is special support for
one of the other forms of sserver, it's only client side).  The patched
WinCVS 1.2 speaks a version of sserver that appears to be obsolete - I've
been unable to find a server that it's compatible with, so I can't provide
working support.

I can't imagine why it would crash (the client side is relatively simple)
unless it's picking up a dodgy version of the openssl libraries somehow.