[cvsnt] Re: Problems during Update

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Mon May 12 18:33:40 BST 2003

Exactly, but apparently NAV is so broken that it still accesses the file,
just to see if it REALLY has extension .cpp.
<<<<
On our version of NAV, there is an option "Check file for exclusion before
scanning".  Apparently this is just what you are describing.  Their help
says that exclusions only suppress the action against an infected file, but
do NOT exclude them from being scanned--but this option does that.  I have
it exclude my repositories and temp directory.

We are running Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition 7.60.926.

I haven't noticed any locking problems with my server, and from what I've
been reading they are difficult to force to repeat--but if someone knows how
to "make" it happen then I'll be happy to run some reasonable tests (it's a
production server, but only a handful of devs use CVS from it).

Glen Starrett