[cvsnt] Re: Exceutable permission problem

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue May 13 12:32:25 BST 2003

On Tue, 13 May 2003 13:11:38 +0200, "Zsolt Koppany"
<zsolt.koppany at intland.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>how can I get a checked out file to have the executable flag? CVS-2.0.3 runs
>on XP and when a shell script is checked out to Linux the executable flag is
>not set thus the script cannot be executed.

It'll only work if you're using a cvsnt client on Linux or a Unix client with
PreservePermissions enabled (which seems to be not that uncommon).  Also, if
you checkin a revision from an NT machine the executable bit will be cleared,
since NT can't record that information.