[cvsnt] CVSNT- Request for U.S. Export Information

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue May 13 21:53:06 BST 2003

Glen Starrett wrote:

> something like SSH in the product itself.  This is why you see some
> applications (like Putty, for example) that have separate
> no-encryption-included varieties available.

You are joking, I hope...  putty w/o encryption is entirely useless.

It's also unneccessary - the main distribution for putty is in the UK -
therefore no problem (as is openssl.org, btw. so that's also OK).

The only US based encryption that cvsnt has anything to do with is MIT
kerberos, and I got that off the debian source distribution (also in the
UK) so presumably it had the required licenses when it was exported by
them.

There may be an issue for WinCVS (Jerzy?) since Sourceforge is based in the
US (possibly WinCVS should ship with a crippled pserver-only cvsnt in the
US, and the full version outside).