[cvsnt] CVSNT- Request for U.S. Export Information

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Tue May 13 22:13:21 BST 2003

Why do you need to export the software?  Just send your overseas offices the
link to the CVSNT download page and have them download it directly.

BXA can be a real pain.  In a past life I had to deal with them on a
<<<<
Sometimes it is only the pain you feel that lets you know you're still
alive....

Seriously though, it can be more efficient for them to distribute it
internally.  Not all developers are 'net savvy (beyond surfing to ESPN.COM,
that is).  Or maybe they have a machine pre-load depot that loads up the
software then sends those around the world, for example.

If I'm telling other developers the steps to get onto CVSNT, I tend to host
it locally and have them go down a checklist for installation rather than
jet off the 12 different websites for installation of pieces of software and
have to hunt down the correct version on each page.

Glen Starrett

Why do you need to export the software?  Just send your overseas offices the
link to the CVSNT download page and have them download it directly.

BXA can be a real pain.  In a past life I had to deal with them on a
shipment of Russian developed optics from Russia to China.  Stuff never
entered the US and was manufacturered in Russia of Russian and European
parts, but we had to get a license for it.

Sam