[cvsnt] Using CVSNT with sspi-protocol ("Set the password authentication first in the preferences !")?

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Wed May 14 17:12:41 BST 2003

With sspi the login step is optional if you want to use your existing NT
credentials to log in (it does this transparently).

A better test would be to do:

cvs -d :sspi:ammun:/test ls

and that will produce a list that likely only has CVSROOT in it, assuming
you haven't yet added any modules in your repository.  The extra items in
your CVSROOT--the port, username are optional if you want to use the
defaults.

Personally, I recommend TortoiseCVS (the latest "unstable" release seems
quite stable to us) for the other devs but WinCVS 1.3 beta XX is nice too,
mostly depends on taste.  You can run both at the same time without a
problem to evaluate.

Glen Starrett