[cvsnt] Re: cvs suddenly can't add tag a file

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed May 14 20:24:13 BST 2003

On Wed, 14 May 2003 03:08:30 +0000 (UTC), stevens_yin at oceanus.com.cn
(stevens yin) wrote:

>my project has a file can't add tag, othters file can add tag.
>error msg is:
>cvs [server aborted]: cannot rename file
>F:/cvsrepo/haohai/hos/Net/isdn/,tei.c, to
>F:/cvsrepo/haohai/hos/Net/isdn/tei.c,v: Permission denied
>
>my system is work well previous.
>

>stevens yin

You probably have a stray leftover cvs.exe process on your server. If
you go there and kill all cvs.exe processes you will probably be fine
afterwards.
Alternately rebooting the server will fix this but it also interrupts
other stuff that might be going on in this server.
It is NOT enough to stop/start the cvs service.
I have an AT task that does the "kill cvs.exe" stuff each night at 4
AM.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)