[cvsnt] Update fails: cannot create_adm_p

Olaf Groeger Olaf.Groeger at gmx.de
Thu May 15 23:47:18 BST 2003

Hi,

one of our developers connects via RAS and VPN to our company network to
update his cvs repositories. When he attempt to update a particular
repository he receives the following error:

cvs update -P -A -d (in directory C:\ProjectsJava\hlr-commons\)
cvs [server aborted]: cannot create_adm_p C:\CVS\LockDir/cvs-serv1756/UDA:
File exists

The strange thing is he has two more repositories which succeed in updating
and i cannot find a difference between them. All three repositories are in
the same cvsnt server (version 2.0.3), with the same LockDir using
LockServer and identical user rights.

Any hints ?

Olaf

P.S.: If he updates on his company workstation, he has not problems. I tried
from my company workstation and had not problems, too.