[cvsnt] Re: sserver error

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri May 16 16:26:31 BST 2003

On Fri, 16 May 2003 13:56:27 +0000 (UTC), barrisca at vodafone.ie (Paul
Barriscale) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am getting the following error when trying to login to sserver
>(cvsroot=:sserver:user at host:c:\development\cvsroot)
>
>cvs [login aborted]: ssl connection failed: error:140770FC:SSL
>routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol

It's possible your certificate is invalid... best to get it working with the
default setup before trying to experiment with your own certs.

>One thing I have noticed is that after specifying the SSL cert file and
>private key file within the CVS service control, exiting and then
>returning to it I find they are blank again and also their entries in the
>registry are blank too.

Unless something else is writing to it I can't see how that could happen..
They're never blank, as the installer sets them up correctly initially (and
the control panel won't let you specify a blank path).  Odd permissions,
perhaps?

Firstly make sure the client is working - connect to the cvsnt CVS repository
with sserver.  Once that's working point the server at the default certificate
file (cvsnt-default.pem) and try to connect to your own repository.