[cvsnt] Re: Benefits of CVSNT vs cvs (cyclic) 1.11.x???

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Sun May 25 19:36:38 BST 2003

But doesn't a separate locking process also give the opportunity for finer
user controls.  IE, without the lock server, I can't give a user read-only
(no commit) access to a module as the process has to create, write, then
delete a lock file.
<<<<<

I used the Lock Server in my setup for that main reason--but like Tony said
the LockDir would have worked too.  I figured it was already running,
doesn't need cleaning after a crash, is one less directory to maintain, so
it was an overall superior option.

Glen Starrett