[cvsnt] Moving from cvsnt to cvs

Eduardo Francos efrancosos at incontext.fr
Thu May 29 10:17:17 BST 2003

In article
<43F3D78E7AB7DB47830502CF3CB8CE3A606B49 at VEX00001.lan.huk-coburg.de>,
Gilbert Rebhan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Right now in testmode our repository runs with
> cvsnt 1.11.1.3-77a under Win2000.
>
> In future it will run under AIX with "normal" cvs
> (Version 1.11.xx)
>
> Question :
>
> Is it possible to simply switch a repository from
> cvsnt under Win to cvs under AIX ?
>
> I want to copy the files from existing repository to the
> new one, including the passwordfile for access via pserver.
>
> Is it that simple or are there any restrictions, no no's ?
>
> bye4now,
>         Gilbert

FWIW, I just moved from Windows2000 CVSNT 1.11.1.3(72) to a Linux
installation and did just that, copy the whole cvsroot directory
structure "as is".
For the moment I was able to login and do a checkout of the whole
repository without any problems. I did a diff between the new checked
out files and the prior Windows version and they where all identical.
I haven't yet tried any special administrative operations but the Linux
CVS seems to handle the CVSROOT files OK.

Eduardo