[cvsnt] Re: cannot login to pserver

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Fri May 30 18:57:33 BST 2003

The thing is, the computer hosting CVSNT is behind a firewall and all of the
developers developing on the CVS are offsite or behind a separate firewall.
<<<<
SSPI will work in that situation, it was designed to.  However, SSPI was
also meant for integrated logins--so I don't know if it would meet your
"don't want a user acct per person" requirement.  Perhaps someone else can
help out there.

Here's how to get SSPI working:

--Make sure SSPI works locally to the server first (seen this topic plenty
of times before).

--Open a port on the incoming firewall to the server so that the CVS port
(2401) is allowed to the CVSNT server.  This is firewall-dependent.

--The users will need to use :sspi:username at server:/repos to connect (and do
a "cvs login" to set up the password)--the username is required when going
through firewalls, from what I've read.

Regards,

Glen Starrett