[cvsnt] How to check the merge state of a branch?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Nov 4 12:05:49 GMT 2003

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 09:10:38 +0100, "Bo Berglund"
<Bo.Berglund at system3r.se> wrote:

>Or is there a safeguard such that if I merge once more from TRUNK I will be
>sure that the earlier edits are not reapplied and only those files still in
>need of a merge will be updated/added/removed?

As long as you commit to the branch afterward it'll keep the
mergepoint.

>I want to stay in sync with whatever happens on TRUNK for the development
>branch so the final merge back into TRUNK will be less of a pain.

That's what I do when I'm working on stuff that'll break the tree -
mergepoints handle this nicely.  Of course since the trunk and branch
are still diverging slightly this won't last forever...  We did manage
to keep two branches in sync for nearly six months with little or no
manual interventention though.