[cvsnt] EMERGENT: help when upgrade to 2.0.11

Jeff Urlwin jurlwin at esoftmatic.com
Wed Nov 5 18:50:10 GMT 2003

> > I need to check out a module from CVSNT to a new directory.
> > for example,
> >      cvs co -P -d vuser biz!vuser
> > I found that when I re-check out the module( re-run the above
> > command) , I get the following message:
> >     cvs server: Updating vuser
> >     cvs checkout: move away vuser/build.xml; it is in the way
> >     C vuser/build.xml
> >     cvs checkout: move away vuser/log4j.xml; it is in the way
> >     C vuser/log4j.xml
> > the file newly modified by others do not checkout.
>
> Looks like there is an existing vuser directory (it is not a
> new directory). Make sure you delete it first before retrying
> your checkout.

FYI -- I had something similar to this in an older version of CVS NT server
(last 1.x release, I believe).  I don't know if it's been fixed and could be
a client issue, too.  My symptoms:
	cvs co project
	cd project
	cvs update -d
	-- same error as above.

After investigating it, checking through source, etc, I found it to be a
hosed Entries file in the CVS subdirectories.  They were not complete.  I
don't know the source of it, but manually fixing the Entries files
(multiple, if you have multiple directories), resolved it for me.

Regards,

Jeff