[cvsnt] Problem with post-commit update script off wiki

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Thu Nov 6 21:10:15 GMT 2003

Samuel Neff wrote:

> and while the post_commit_copy.txt file does get created, it's always empty
> (even when run interactively).  I guess I can't redirect cvsnt output.  In
> any case, the file does get created when run by the post-commit thing, so I
> guess the command is definitely running to some extend, just not sure why
> it's not updating.

The script as posted is identical to what I am currently using.  It is likely
that cvs.exe is not in the path for the service process (I know that you said
that you checked this but it is the most likely reason).

Change the command to this:

my $args = "start cmd \/c \"cvs.exe --version >e:\\temp\\post_commit_copy.txt\";

(that should be one line, watch out for wrapping).

If that works, the change the line to this:

my $args = "start cmd \/c \"cd \/D $dir \&\& cvs.exe --version
 >post_commit_copy.txt\";

and see if that works, too.  I suspect that the first will fail; if it doesn't,
you should find the log file in the destination directory.

NOTE: if drive E: is not a local drive (NOT A SHARE/MAP), you cannot use this
program.  All of this is predicated on all files being on a local hard-drive of
the computer running CVSNT server.

John