[cvsnt] Re: CVSPID and SESSIONID

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Mon Nov 10 20:09:09 GMT 2003

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 11:18:12 +0100, Sebastian Sanitz
<sebastian.sanitz at it-wps.de> wrote:

>Hello,
>I try to access the environment variables CVSPID and SESSIONID in my
>verifymsg and commitinfo skripts, with no success. Do you have an
>example windows batch file?

in loginfo (one line):
DEFAULT C:\Programs\CVSMailer\CVSMailer.exe -l$CVSPID $USER $CVSROOT
%{sVv}

Note the addition of $CVSPID, thta is how you transfer the value to
your script. Note that the PID is not very good at identifying the
process, as soon as cvs.exe quits and another starts it may well be
reused....

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)