[cvsnt] using commitinfo within CVSNT

Suresh Venkateswaran suresh.venkateswaran at us.ibm.com
Tue Nov 11 03:44:11 GMT 2003

Hello All,

I am using CVSNT 2.0.8 to set up a source repository for my team. We need
certain files to be present in the directory structure on the client side
but we want to prevent them from being checked in to the source control
server. The files which we want to avoid adding to source control follow a
certain naming convention, lets say Common*.xsd.

The simple approach to this is to point the commitinfo file to a filtering
script that exits with a status of 1 if it finds any files being committed
which match the file name pattern Common*.xsd. According to the
documentation, the list of all files being committed should be passed to
the perl script as part of the ARGV array.

However, when I print out the ARGV array from within my Perl filtering
script, it contains the base directory which is being committed but no file
name information. I am able to access the file list in the loginfo file,
which follows the commitinfo file in the logical sequence, so I should be
able to access this information somewhere at the commitinfo stage!!

This seems to be a bug, and I havent found any workarounds after hours of
scouring the internet. Does anyone have any ideas how to get around this?

Thanks,
Suresh Venkateswaran