[cvsnt] Why does CVSNT not update some folders????

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Nov 11 22:12:02 GMT 2003

I have a folder structure somewhat like this:
Tools
 |- CVS
 |- Module1
 |- Module2
 |- Module3
 |- Module4
 |- Module5

When I do an update on Tools only 4 out of the 5 submodules get
updated and if I check the "create missing directories..." checkbox
the update issues a lot of error messages telling me to move away the
files cause they are in the way.
If I do an update on the module that was causing the problem all is
OK, no errors then.
In the CVS folder above I have checked the Entries and Entries.Extra
files and they both contain a full list of all 5 modules where they
are all entered like this on separate lines:
D/Module1//// in Entries
D/Module1///  in Entries.Extra
etc
Note the differing number of slashes following the module name.

I thought I knew how CVS kept track of what was coming from where and
what belonged in the module through these files in the CVS folder, but
now I really don't get it...

Where does CVS store info that Module4 is not really part of Tools???
I am using CVSNT 2.0.11 on both server and client. Client uses WinCvs
as front end.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)