[cvsnt] max number of repositories?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Nov 12 09:56:44 GMT 2003

IVO.HECHMANN at SBB.CH wrote:

> using a repository per project allows the project admin to add a writers
> file, which is much easier to handle than NTFSprivileges;
>
> best thing would be a writers file per MODULE, not per repository, but i
> know thats not possible...

CVS ACLs will do this, just allow only default read access to each
directory, and add specific access for those people with write access.

If it were me I'd just make sure that there was a notification email sent on
change, and trust the developers to do the right thing.  Nothing in CVS is
irreversible, anyway... there's only so much damage that could be done, and
it would be easily tracable to the culprit.