[cvsnt] cvsnt layout

Phil Richards news at derived-software.ltd.uk
Wed Nov 12 10:48:48 GMT 2003

On 2003-11-12, Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org> wrote:
>  The comment was that it's a bit plain, which I sort of agree with.  Not that
>  I've ever seen a wiki that wasn't plain, but I'm sure it could be done
>  better.

To be honest, plain is better than cluttered.  (Not that I don't
agree with your comment about plainness of Wiki's in general,
and MoinMoin in particular.)

Is there anything (specifically) you'd like it to look like - I
can have a prod around and see how far MoinMoin can be pushed...
(For example, any website you like the look of...?)

>  I'm sure the top of the page could be changed a bit, as it seems to be
>  static.

Which bit?
- You can change the icon from the config file.
- And the contents of the top navibar (then again, individual
  users can do that for themselves too).
- The "presentation" of the title, navibar, etc can be changed a bit,
  but the general layout you're sort of stuck with.
  (The python is fairly hackable, to be honest, but that's a bit more
  effort - and then you have hassles upgrading...)

I found one of the best changes was to change the colour scheme.
Browny-orange just gives me flashbacks to the 70's :-)

phil
--
change name before "@" to "phil" for email