[cvsnt] cvs server: failed to create lock directory

Yang, Judy Bin jyang at atsautomation.com
Wed Nov 12 16:53:44 GMT 2003

Hi, all:

I just set the CVS users permission exactly as
http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/setAcl <http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/setAcl>  and
also set different access level on each module we have on the repository.

If the user have R/W permit on a module, he will have no problem to check
out/browse to the deep folder of that module.

However, if the user only have Read-only right (Read & Execute, List folder
Contents, Read), he will have trouble to do both. I would hope the user
should be able to check out (I set it Check out read only option for them)
the module, just can't edit.

I got the following message when the CVS user tried to check out the
Read-only permission Module.  I don't know what I did wrong.

CVSNT 2.08 running on Win 2000, SSPI protocol, wincvs client.  Thanks for
your help.

----------------------

cvs -x checkout -P "ATS SmartVision" (in directory C:\CVS_test\Sandbox6)
cvs server: Updating ATS SmartVision
cvs server: failed to create lock directory for
`D:/StandardProducts/CVSrep/VersionControl/ATS SmartVision'
(D:/StandardProducts/CVSrep/VersionControl/ATS SmartVision/#cvs.lock):
Permission denied
cvs server: failed to obtain dir lock in repository
`D:/StandardProducts/CVSrep/VersionControl/ATS SmartVision'
cvs [server aborted]: read lock failed - giving up
cvs checkout: in directory .:
cvs checkout: cannot open CVS/Entries for reading: No such file or directory

***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****