[cvsnt] SSH & an unusual port

Blake McBride blake at integra-online.com
Mon Nov 17 17:35:59 GMT 2003

Greetings,

I have been trying to access a CVS repository for about 10 hours now
with no success.  I think my main impediment is the fact that the server
is running ssh on an unusual port.  I can't seem to get cvs to use ssh
on an unusual port (although I know it is possible since others are
doing it with eclipse).  Here are my particulars:

Server
-------
Linux running the latest cvs
The SSH server is running on an unusual port

Client
-------
Windows XP

Facts:
--------
1.  I can SSH into the server without a problem
2.  I can execute cvs server
3.  Others in my organization can run everything without a problem
through eclipse (& XP)
4.  I have tried the regular cvs for Windows, WinCVS, Cygwin, plink, cvsnt.
5.  I have tried every concevable permutation between root settings and
environment variable settings.  Nothing works.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Blake McBride