[cvsnt] Beginner Questions

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Mon Nov 17 21:28:32 GMT 2003

> Is this a viable setup?  Do the users HAVE to have local accounts?
Yes, viable.  No, don't need local accounts.

> Should I be using pserver, sspi, ntserver, or ___?
SSPI in an all-NT(+) environment.  Ntserver is deprecated.  Pserver is only
recommended when you have cvs clients that won't understand sspi, and then
ssh is a better choice.

> How do I specify which user(s) are to be given admin rights.
By default, any domain administrators will be admin in CVS.  You can specify
more in the admins file.

See my notes in the cvsnt wiki for more information:
http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/SetAcl

Regards,

Glen Starrett