[cvsnt] Help on CVSNT & WINCVS

Yao, Guangyao (Facilities & Services) GYao at oandm.uiuc.edu
Tue Nov 18 22:00:27 GMT 2003

hello,
I have installed a CVSNT server, and also installed the client CVSNT and
WinCVS on another machine.
The CVSNT server and client can communcate without any problem. The WinCVS
can login, ls, update, etc without problem, BUT it cannot commit. Here is
the error message:

cvs commit -m adfas WoDispatch.java (in directory C:\Projects\actions\)
cvs server: user 'gyao' is not a valid editor of the file 'WoDispatch.java'
cvs [server aborted]: correct above errors first!

***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****

I have changed the file permission on the server (the whole repository
directory) to be read/writable. I have spent several hours on it and could
not figure out what's wrong.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

-york