[cvsnt] How to set CVSROOT to connect from Linux to CVSNT running on Windows

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Tue Oct 7 23:55:46 BST 2003

> how do I have to set CVSROOT on Linux (SuSe 8.1, cvs-1.11.2) to access
> CVSNT-2.0.9. The repository on Windows is in:
> C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\zk\Eigene Dateien\cvsfiles\CVS
>
> I have already tried: ':pserver:USER at HOST:/C//Dokumente und
> Einstellungen/zk/Eigene Dateien/cvsfiles' but it didn't work.

I think you have to escape the spaces in the file name

Try: ':pserver:USER at HOST:/C//Dokumente\ und\ Einstellungen/zk/Eigene
Dateien/cvsfiles', I'm not sure if that will do it or not--search the list
archives for working examples if that doesn't work (I know there are some).

But even better, use the Repository root setting.  Set that to "C:\Dokumente
und Einstellungen\zk\Eigene Dateien" on the server then use:
':pserver:USER at HOST:/cvsfiles'.  The downside of that is then you need all
the repositories in the same place (if that's a problem at all).

Hope this helps.

Glen Starrett