[cvsnt] Re: Problem: cvs.exe - No Disk

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Oct 8 17:27:48 BST 2003

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 12:16:50 -0400, "Joe Enfield" <joee at ameritech.net>
wrote:

>I've googled the error.
>It seems that a removable usb drive (such as an iomega zip drive) connected
>to a system, but without a disk in it could cause this situation.
>The articles I've read relate to QuickTime qttask.exe, wnEdt, Outlook, and
>XEmacs.
>The QuickTime solution was to remove recent file history from the MRU files
>list.  This is because QuickTime tried to scan those drives for files.
>The others really didn't offer up a solution.
>
>Does CVS scan all drives for some reason?

No, it only accesses the drives you tell it to.

The server can only access the parts of the disk that are in the
reopsitory root list, and the client will only access directories
below the current directory (usually).

WinCVS keeps old drives around on its history, but I don't think even
then it accesses them unless you ask it too.