[cvsnt] cvswrappers -m 'COPY' gone in 2.0.11

Czarnowski, Aric aczarnowski at unimax.com
Wed Oct 8 23:20:06 BST 2003

I just updated my client and my server to version 2.0.11 from 1.11.1.3.
After testing a limited installation things seemed great but after going
all the way on our production server I updated and got:

cvs update: -m wrapper option is not supported remotely; ignored

So after a quick trace I looked in cvswrappers and confirmed we were
using the -m option:

*.sys -m 'COPY'

Forgot to move over cvswrappers and test it...  Crap.

I have struggled with these .sys files and internal politics for a while
but it comes to the fact these files are not mergable but our developers
want $Log: $ information expanded in them.  I know, I know.  Not real
smart.

I searched back through the archives to May 2002 but did not see much
mentioned about wrapper functionality much less it changing.  Maybe I
didn't go back far enough.  The history file doesn't mention wrappers
after Feb 2000.

I have marked these binary for now in cvswrappers so COPY remains but
can I get the full -m 'COPY' functionality back under new CVSNT releases
somehow?

Thanks for any help,
Aric

Aric Czarnowski