[cvsnt] CVSNT crash when ignoring files (missing CRLF)

Kevin zzz at zzz.zzz.org
Mon Oct 13 14:09:44 BST 2003

I have added a file to CVSROOT/cvsignore in the normal way
(checkout/update/commit). The server started crashing with every update! The
message was like : "Something bad happened to CVS server, it crashed". The
dump did not work either (error 5).

Knowing what I did last, I checked the file cvsignore. The file did not end
with a CRLF, I added the CRLF and the server started working normally again.

I do not think that this should have crashed the server, can it be fixed?

cvs version
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.9 (client/server)
Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.2 (client/server)

Thanks in advance

--
Kevin Agius