[cvsnt] Problems with cvsnt on Windows 2003 Server

Ramana V. Katragadda r_katragadda at aoitech.co.jp
Mon Oct 20 23:11:40 BST 2003

Hi,

    I installed CVSNT on Windows 2003 Server (NTFS) and the
    settings are as follows:
       Repositories Tab
             Repository Prefix is checked
             D:/cvsrepo
             Valid Repository Roots are /test
       Advanced Tab
             Server side support for ntserver protocol (checked)
             Impersonation enabled (checked)

             Temporary Directory: d:\cvstemp

             CVS server port  2401
             Lock Server port 2402

             Encryption: Optional
             Compression: Optional

    I have been trying to access the CVS Repository unsuccessfully
    from WinCVS Version 1.2 using the following settings:
    General Tab
        CVSROOT -->  :sspi:ramana at file-serv:/cvsrepo/test
                     (actually the above directory is under
                      d:/cvsrepo/test on my file server).
        Authentication --> "passwd" file on the cvs server
        Use Version -->   cvs 1.10 (Standard)

    Globals Tab
        (only the following are checked)
        Checkout read-only
        Dirty files support (CodeWarrior ...)
        Supply control when adding files
        Prune (remove) empty directories

    I made sure the hosts file contained IP address entry for
    file-serv (the file server name).

    I appreciate any help.

Regards,
Ramana.