[cvsnt] attempt to insert duplicate key

Arvind Raman arvind_raman at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 28 10:33:44 GMT 2003

Platform: Windows 2K
CVS client: 1.3.8.1 Beta 8 (Build 1)
CVS server: 1.11.1.3

I am facing a tricky problem while trying to update
the files in the sandbox. The CVS client reports the
following
cvs server: attempt to insert duplicate key
`c64x_v1_2'
when I invoke CVS update, though it goes ahead and
updates the file to the sticky version c64x_v1_2.

I tried searching the mailing list and the CVS manual
for any mention of this error, but couldn't find much
help. Could you suggest what could cause CVS to output
this error ? Is this fatal by any chance ?

regards
Arvind