[cvsnt] "AtomicCommits" option

Flávio Etrusco Flavio.Etrusco at atan.com.br
Wed Oct 29 19:33:08 GMT 2003

> Search google for AtomicCommits here (use "site:cvsnt.org"
> in your search text).
Sorry, I forgot to mention, I did this already ;)
The only somewhat interesting hit I found is a post from Tony where he's annoucing the availability of the feature (in 1.11.x...) but saying it was first try. I wanted to know if this status had changed :)

> Nutshell:  You likely don't need them anyway, there is a
> reason for those directories, they get cleaned up on next
> commit (IIRC).
I don't want the folders. The problem is they weren't removed after some commit(s) and these stale folders began to get retrived by Update commands, and trying to commit changes to the folder returns "Cannot create file. Mirror folder already exists" error.
A guy said the problem seemed to be triggered after a very big commit - shame on him :-/
I moved these "transaction" folders to some temp place and disabled the option since then...

-Flávio