[cvsnt] permission problem running CVSMailer script

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Oct 29 23:30:22 GMT 2003

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 15:59:27 -0500, "Jones, Graeme"
<Graeme.Jones at ccra-adrc.gc.ca> wrote:

>We've set up CVSMailer to send commit notifications by email, and get the
>following error on commits:
>
>	cvs server: Script execution failed: Permission denied
>	cvs server: cannot write entry to log filter:
>C:\APPS\CVSMailer\CVSMailer.exe ...
>
>I suspect this is a simple Windows NT permissions issue.
>
>We connect to CVSNT using the ntserver protocol, and we have impersonation
>enabled.  All CVS users have full permissions in the directory tree
>containing the CVSMailer executable.
>
>Any ideas on how to solve this problem?
>
>Regards,
>
>Graeme Jones

Just a long shot from another project:
If your PC is an XP-Pro then check the permissions on
%system32%\cmd.exe
It might be that the user that checks in files is not allowed to
execute this file or that SYSTEM is not allowed either.

Another long shot:
Check the permissions on teh CVSMailer folder tree for SYSTEM too.

Apart from this I cannot help much I'm afraid, maybe someone else
knows some gotchas concerning execution of exe files via the loginfo
script file?

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)