[cvsnt] tagging and branching

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Thu Oct 30 23:56:07 GMT 2003

The export command should be:
cvs export -r myTag_For_myBranch -d myLocalDirectory myModule

It will get the files in myModule and below and put these in your local directory
myLocalDirectory. The files will be those that existed at the point in time when you
set the tag myTag_For_myBranch (obviously this means that the files are from the
branch since you tagged on the branch).
Files that had not been changed since you started work on the branch are still part
of the branch even though they do not carry the extra revision numbers and they are
also tagged. THe idea here is that by tagging on the branch and then exporting that
you recreate the working file set completely and you can compile an executable just
like the one you did at that time. So you need all of these files.

/Bo