[cvsnt] CVSNT and Samba PDC

Sylvain Quendez sylvain.quendez at actimagine.com
Fri Oct 31 08:36:12 GMT 2003

Hi all,

I have a winXP cvsnt server (pserver protocol), member of a domain
OLDDOMAIN. Clients are all under winXP. The Primary Domain Controller of
domain OLDDOMAIN is a win2k box.

I am trying to migrate the whole system under a domain NEWDOMAIN with a
Samba PDC.

So far I have done the following :
- installing the NEWDOMAIN PDC and keeping the OLDDOMAIN PDC -> works fine
- migrating all client machines to NEWDOMAIN -> works fine
- keeping the cvsnt on OLDDOMAIN, with all clients accessing the cvsnt
server with their OLDDOMAIN name and password -> works fine

The problem arises when I try to migrate the cvsnt server from OLDDOMAIN to
NEWDOMAIN. Once the cvsnt server is on NEWDOMAIN, all user identification
fail when trying to connect.

It seems to me all should be ok :
- I access the cvsnt server with the NEWDOMAIN user/password, for example
NEWDOMAIN\James / mypassword
- The rights on the cvsnt server are set properly: when I log on locally on
the cvsnt server with NEWDOMAIN\James / mypassword, I have full access to
the cvs tree.

Any idea ?

Sylvain