[cvsnt] Re: Why am I getting tempdir errors when using lockserver?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri Oct 31 10:48:20 GMT 2003

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 10:50:28 +0100, "Bo Berglund"
<Bo.Berglund at system3r.se> wrote:

>Is this all on the server side? Do you keep an Entries file also there?
>I have noted a number of instances where I have this collision and by
>just waiting a few seconds it all clears up.

Yes the server collects information from the client before processing
it, and stores it there,

>Might be because a CVSMailer process is hanging in there for about 30
>seconds before sending the email (to collect all info from all subfolders).
>So just maybe the cvsnt thread that is owning that process hangs around
>with the directory locked for that timout

I wondered why it did that...  You can work out what the last
directory that'll be passed to loginfo is by parsing commitinfo first,
which is more reliable.  Another way is a postcommit handler that
fires to say the commit has finished.