[cvsnt] Lock directories stay on forever...

Aaron Kynaston akynaston at novell.com
Fri Oct 31 16:18:17 GMT 2003

I believe that's working as designed, and that no flags exist to remove
them.

The #cvs.lock.**** files are removed however, unless the cvs operation
has some hard failure in the middle of the process.  What's the concerna
bout the directories?

>>> "Bo Berglund" <Bo.Berglund at system3r.se> 10/31/2003 8:15:19 AM >>>
I just went in to my CVS server to check other stuff when I stumbled
across
the TEMP dir used by CVSNT. It turns out that it contains no less than
2937
folders named as cvs-serv<number><letter> (example: cvs-serv1268e).

>From an earlier discussion I understand that CVSNT creates temp
folders to
manage files during commits and updates. But why are they not removed
afterwards?
Is there a flag somewhere I can set to make them go away?
13 of these folders are from today, the oldest ones are from Dec 2002