[cvsnt] Feature Suggestions

Mike Peschka mike at designboxmedia.com
Mon Sep 1 14:08:12 BST 2003

I have two suggestions/requests for enhancements to TortoiseCVS...

1. Recursive Remove - I would like to be able to right-click on a folder
and have a Remove option on the CVS submenu that would remove every file
within that folder and its subfolders from the CVS server.

2. Tray Icon for status - Instead of the current pop-up window for
displaying status messages when communicating with the server, I would
like to have an option that would "minimize" that window to an icon in
the system tray. Ideally, it would behave in a manner similar to the
print spooler tray icon; it would only be visible when communication was
actually happening, and if an error occurred, it would display some sort
of error icon and/or pop up a message. Continuing the print spooler
metaphor, it would be very nice if all actions running against a
particular server were added to a queue for that server, such that they
would be processed one at a time in the order they were submitted,
preventing multiple icons existing for the same server. If an error
occurred, processing of the queue could be paused until the user
acknowledged the error.

I know that these aren't exactly simple features, and I don't know if
anyone else would like to see them or not, but I thought I'd throw them
out there anyway.

Thanks for a great piece of software!

- Mike Peschka