[cvsnt] How to turn an erroneously set tag into a branch?

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Tue Sep 9 09:49:18 BST 2003

Recently I accidentally tagged a module where really I wanted to create
branch. I deleted the tag and recreated the branch. I have also already
committed some changes on that branch. All fine so far... at least
that's what I thought. Now I wanted to add some new files on that
branch but CVSNT keeps telling me "cannot add file on non-branch tag".
I have repeatedly tried to delete the tag and recreate the branch on
the folder I wanted to add the files to but no go. CVS keeps insisting
that my branch is indeed a tag!

When using WinCvs' tag browser, the tag in question is displayed as
"Branch, Revision". How can I find out which file still uses the symbol
as a tag instead of a branch (that's what I suppose is going on)?

Any ideas?

--
Oliver
JID:  ogiesen at jabber.org